What are the requirements for my tow vehicle?
To ensure the safe & proper towing of our trailers, please make sure your vehicle has the following:
- a 2750 lb. towing capacity
- a class 3 hitch (2" receiver)
- a 2” ball hitch (height between 22” - 25" from the ground) - 7-pin connection for trailer wiring
What are your rates?
Our rates fluctuate throughout the year and depending on the unit that you're renting.
2023 TOPO2 teardrop trailer units are $160/night during the low season and $200/night during peak season.
What time is pickup/dropoff?
Our standard pickup time is 1 pm MT and our standard dropoff time is anytime before 5 pm MT. You can request an early pickup at 10 a.m. for a $50 additional charge.
We do not currently allow for weekend pickups, but you can return your trailer on the weekend.
What comes with my rental?
Your Escapod TOPO2 teardrop rental comes ready for adventure.
- Complete TOPO2 Build Including 75L YETI Tundra Cooler
- 21 Gallon Water Tank + Pump with Hose
- Water Heater & Shower
- Queen Size Bed with 2 Pillows, Bedding + Sheets
- 2 Camp Chairs
- Two-Burner Stove + Propane Tank
- Small and Large Pots + Pans
- Cutting Board + Chef Knives
- Bowls, Small + Large Plates
- Drinking Cups + Wine Glasses
- French Press + Coffee Mugs
- Forks, Knives + Spoons
- Garbage Bags, Tissues + Paper Towels
- Dish Washing Basins, Sponge + Towel
- Cooking Utensils, Can Opener + Scissors
The propane is integrated and full, so you'll be able to easily operate the stove. During peak season, you will also have 21-gallons of potable water on board.
Are there additional fees to rent an Escapod?
Besides the base nightly rate, there is also an insurance charge (a daily rate of $19) and taxes based on Summit County tax rates (as of 2022 that was 7.15%).
We also offer some add-on options:
- rooftop tent (sleep an additional 2-3 people) for $50/night
- early pickup (pick up your trailer at 10 a.m. based on availability) for a $50 one-time charge
You may also select to add trip insurance for 6.5% of your trip price, roadside assistance for $9/day, and interior damage protection for $69.
What is your rental cancellation policy?
- Reservation deposit made upon booking (20% of full trip cost) is non-refundable
- If cancellation occurs up to 7 days before pickup, an 80% refund of the full trip cost will be refunded. Within 7 days of pickup, a 50% refund of the full trip cost will be given.
- If the renter has paid in full and the booking is canceled more than seven days prior to the booking start date, a partial refund of 80% of the full rental amount will be issued
- If canceled less than seven days prior to the booking start date, a partial refund of 50% of the total rental amount will be issued.
What rules are there for using an Escapod?
We craft each Escapod by hand and appreciate your respectful use of our trailers. Please keep these rules in mind when renting with us:
- No smoking.
- Use caution when closing rear hatch (don't let it slam).
- Don't leave tall objects on countertops when closing hatch.
- Use two people to set up awning & don't pull down on stabilizing arms during setup.
- Remove shoes before climbing in cabin.
- Pets are allowed, but NOT TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED IN TRAILER AT ANY TIME.
- Clean all dishes, utensils, glasses, pots & pans.
- Empty cooler & drain water.
- Strip sheets off mattress & leave inside cabin.
- Remove the coupler (attachment to your ball hitch) and place inside trailer.
- Place ball hitch (if rented from us) in the cabin.
- Lock latch from the outside and drop the keys in the drop box.