5 Delicious Camp Cocktails for Your Teardrop Trailer
One of the best parts of camping in a teardrop trailer is having access to the galley. In your full kitchen galley, you'll be able to whip up some fabulous meals and even better camp cocktails.
Continue on to learn all about Chris and my favorite cocktails that are super easy to make and even better to drink while you’re camping!
There are some basic tools you’ll need to have on deck. If you plan to whip these up in your Escapod. You'll want to make sure to have tools that would work specifically for the Escapod storage system.
Below are some recommendations. You can always get bigger or smaller tools. It’s whatever works for you!
We love this combo from Gentleman’s Hardware because it has a traditional jigger to measure. We also debated about this option because it has popular recipes for quick measuring. Again, it is all about what works for you.
You can go with a metal or wooden muddler. Sometimes it's nice to have one of each. Most of the time you'll use the wooden muddler, but there are instances where a metal muddler can get things a little more broken up.
This multi-tool from Gentleman’s Hardware is one of the coolest things! It literally has every tool you could think of needing, as well as being able to break apart for easy use and washing. It is a bit pricey, but worth it!
Klean Kanteen Steel Straws
We love having straws for our cocktails. The 4-packs from Klean Kanteen are a great option and super easy to clean.
We have a few different cup options, camp mugs that can be used as whiskey glasses, pint glasses, and options with lids that can be taken on the go. You probably don’t need all of these options, but if you have the space it makes it easier to have the right container shape for your cocktails.
Mastering the ice situation can be a bit tricky. Our strategy is to use our Dometic to store all of our food and bring a YETI cooler for drinks. This keeps the ice safe from food contamination and safe to use in your drinks.
Now to the recipes!
We have a huge blackberry bush in our garden and are constantly looking for ways to use these delicious berries. We found a recipe from Renee Nicole that incorporated blackberries and bourbon with lots of basil. Another plus for us is to be able to use something from our garden.
This is a great summer drink with a fruity twist!
- 2-3 tsp Sugar
- 3-4 Basil Leaves
- ½ Lime
- ¼ Cup Frozen Blackberries
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey (We’d recommend High West or Angel’s Envy)
- 2 oz Club Soda
- Ice Cubes
- In a shaker combine sugar, basil leaves, lime, blackberries, and bourbon.
- Muddle to break up the berries, basil, and lime, but most importantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Add a generous amount of ice, shake to chill, and combine.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Strain cocktail over ice
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with basil, blackberry, and lime.
One of the best things about camping is that you take your time in the mornings. There is nothing better than waking up and smelling the fresh air! We love to prolong that process and enjoy a classic brunch cocktail.
To be honest, vodka is not the favorite spirit in our house, but Bloody Mary’s are too good to pass up. Instead of vodka, we use tequila, which is why it’s called Bloody Maria. This recipe is much more free-handed, it is all about what your preferences are!
- Tequila (We recommend Casadores Respado or Espolon)
- Black Pepper
- Lemon or Lime
- Green Olives
- Pickled Green Beans
- Pickled Asparagus
- Cut lemon/limes into thick slices.
- Rub lemons/limes around the rim of the cup.
- Dip the rim of the cup into Tajin for a seasoned rim.
- Add ice to the cup and add the desired amount of tequila. Fill the rest of the cup to top with Clamato.
- Garnish with green olives, celery, pepperoncini, pickled green beans, and asparagus. Lastly, add some black pepper on top, mix, and enjoy!
I’ll Be Your Huckleberry (AKA Bridget's Favorite)
After a memorable trip to Willie's Distillery on the way to Bozeman, Montana with one of my friends, the I'll Be Your Huckleberry was born and easily became a fan favorite.
It's fair to be skeptical if whiskey and bourbon are not your typical go-to's, they definitely aren't mine. But, don't knock it till you try it!
With it being so easy to make and incredibly delicious, you might be in for a new favorite cocktail after this one. Because come on, who doesn’t love huckleberries?
- 1.5 oz Willie’s Huckleberry Cream Liqueur
- Cream Soda
- Pour Huckleberry Cream Liqueur over ice.
- Add cream soda.
- Give it a good mix!
This is a great afternoon drink when you want to cool off with something light and refreshing. We also wanted something we could use mint from our garden. If you grow mint, you know how it grows like a weed and you need any excuse to use more!
- 2 oz Gin (We recommend Spotted Bear or Holystone)
- 1.5 oz Simple Syrup
- Grapefruit Juice (Lemonade would also be a good option if you aren’t a fan of grapefruit.)
- 5-6 Mint Leaves
- Add simple syrup and mint leaves to a shaker, and muddle to break up mint.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and add the desired amount of grapefruit juice.
- Add ice if desired.
Chris’s parents make the best margaritas. The secret ingredient is adding beer. It makes them so frothy and delicious. The best part is they are super easy! We both love to have these margaritas at home or camping.
- 1.5 oz Tequila (We recommend Casadores Respado or Espolon)
- 1 oz Orange Liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec) *We prefer Grand Marnier or Citronge)
- 1 can Frozen Limeade
- 1 can Cerveza (We love Tecate)
- Coarse Salt
- 4-5 Ice Cubes
- Add tequila, ice, orange liqueur, frozen limeade, and Tecate to a blender and blend until incorporated.
- Cut limes into slices or wedges and rub them around the rim.
- Dip the rim in coarse salt.
- Add frozen margarita mixture to glass, garnish with a lime and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these recipes and make them your own. Let's get out there, get camping, and get creating!
About the Author:
Bridget and Chris are Trailblazer Ambassadors for Escapod and all-around adventure seekers. They love sharing tips, recipes, and amazing places with those who share their same passion for unforgettable experiences. They are currently based in Utah and spend their time exploring the wild west. Follow the social media junkie, Bridget on Instagram to see their latest adventures!
Ready to purchase your own teardrop trailer to get out and start adventuring? Place your order for the TOPO2 today!