At Escapod, it's our mission to build "The Best Damn Camper Known to Man." In an effort to do so, we're always striving to improve our product. By sourcing better materials, hiring great people, implementing lean manufacturing principles in our expanded factory, and refining our product we dramatically improved the TOPO Series trailer throughout 2020.
To effectively scale our small business, we review our product and build approach at the end of every year to evaluate whether our pricing needs to change.
For orders placed in 2021, the starting price for all TOPO Series trailers will be $19,750.
This price now includes four of our most requested add-ons, which were not previously included in our base pricing (and are considered add-ons for all orders placed prior to 2021 with the $16,995 base package):
- ENO 2-Burner Stove
- 11-lb. Propane Tank
- NOCO Genius-10 Precision Battery Charger
- Steel Tongue Deck
Our base TOPO Series trailer was never really basic. It has always come ready for year-round adventure; complete with full insulation, a power system for lights and device charging, a stargazer window, two side doors for easy entry, a 5" memory foam mattress, a YETI Tundra 65L cooler, rear stabilizing jacks, a ROAM awning, Thule Evo Wingbars, off-road capable 3500 lb. torsion axle and 17" wheels with 31" tires - all to get you off the beaten path.
But we didn't just add to the list of base model inclusions, we also made many recent improvements to the TOPO Series trailer. These will be reflected on every trailer we build moving forward, including orders placed in 2020!
Build Process, Feature & Construction Improvements:
- Gardit Bed Liner on fenders (formerly diamond plate) increases durability and improves aesthetic
- Upgraded to a MaxxAir 4-speed exhaust fan (now quieter & more efficient than the previous model)
- 3D printed parts including our proprietary rain gutters along the hatch hinge, magnetic door catches, and LED-light remote holder in the cabin
- Larger & more durable 6.5' x 8' ROAM awning
- Side-doors now have larger window panels
- Added 2" accessory receivers off the rear of both fenders
- Upgraded to the General Tire Grabber APT all-terrain tire (265/75R/16)
- Higher BTU marine-grade stove from ENO
- 3-dimensional logos provides increased adhesion & durability
- Birch plywood interior panels increase tolerances and decrease weight
- Anodized trim on the hatch improves durability and provides a cleaner aesthetic
- The coupler is now set up with chains mounted on the tongue for more security & ease-of-use
- Treat our frame with a galvanization process for finish longevity and enhanced durability
- Conduit for wires underframe
- Invested heavily in improving & standardizing our construction processes, techniques, and tolerances
- Our proprietary Freeride Suspension System (formerly listed as the "upgraded suspension") went through extensive R&D to perfect the design to ensure its safety & performance
- Custom-built powder-coated-aluminum shower box replaces a bulky off-the-shelf plastic box
- 12V port and drawer slides in the aluminum tongue box accommodate a secondary fridge/freezer
- Larger capacity & more efficient on-demand water heater
- Stepped up tire upgrade option to General Tire Grabber A/TX all-terrain tire (265/75R/16)
Besides the extensive improvements that we've made to our product in the last year, we've also seen increases in pricing on many of our supplies & materials. While we always strive to keep our prices competitive, when our costs go up, our prices need to as well.
We’re excited to continue growing our business, improving our product, and developing relationships with all of you. Whether you own an Escapod, rent, or are just admiring it from afar, we thank you for your continued support!
If you're ready to get started on your own dream build, head on over to our Order Now page and submit a quote.
Please note: If you're already in the queue (have signed a purchase agreement with us), the base price of your trailer will not be changing nor will your base feature-set (the stove, propane tank, steel tongue deck, and onboard battery charger will still be add-ons if you want them on your trailer). You will be getting all of the upgrades as outlined under "Build Process, Feature & Construction Improvements" at no additional charge. We will honor the pricing for any add-ons that were already on your initial estimate. Any new add-ons that are added to your build on your final build call will be at the 2021 pricing.