At Escapod, it's our mission to build "The Best Damn Camper Known to Man." In order to do this, we stay true to our values of innovation and continuous improvement.
In 2022, Escapod invested heavily in key hires and infrastructure to build and deliver our first Escapod TOPO2s. We expanded our manufacturing space by 10,000 sq ft and refined our product to continue to build high-quality teardrop campers. We review our product and manufacturing processes regularly to ensure that we are optimizing everything on our line.
Our base model of the TOPO2 Voyager, a single-piece fiberglass off-road teardrop trailer with molded gutters, has never really been basic. With its standard features, it comes fully loaded and ready for 4 season adventures.
The TOPO2 Voyager comes complete with full insulation, a power system for LED lighting, a 100 amp lithium-ion battery, an onboard battery charger with shore power hookups, a 140W solar panel, two wireless chargers, an opening stargazer window with a shade & screen, two side doors for easy entry, a queen-sized 6” memory foam mattress, an angled headboard, a propane tank, a propane heater, heated mudroom, MaxxAir fan, sink, stainless steel countertop, an ENO 2-burner stove (8000 BTUs), a YETI 75L cooler, rear stabilizers, a ROAM awning, Thule Roof Rack system, 21-gallon insulated water tank, water heater, shower, independent Freeride Suspension System, 23” of ground clearance, 16” Vision wheels and 31” General Grabber tires - all to get you off-grid and truly enjoy an uncompromised camping experience.
These improvements will be reflected in current builds in the queue and any new reservations placed.
Build Process, Feature & Construction Improvements:
- Switched to raptor paint for the TOPO2 body to increase durability.
- Raptor paint will also be used on the TOPO2 doors to increase durability. The door color is no longer two-toned to increase durability on the interior door side as well.
- Lighter HDPE to decrease the overall base weight of the TOPO2. This HDPE is chemically identical to the original HPDE in all previous trailers, this material is airblown allowing it to be lighter. This brings the dry weight of our trailer to 1920 lbs, our lightest TOPO2 Voyager yet!
- Improved gaskets to optimize the trailer’s seal & make doors easier to close.
- Use an outdoor-rated carpet (mold & mildew resistant) on the floor of our builds for longevity.
- All seals, thread treatments, fasteners, and rubber have been changed to make the entire exterior of the trailer corrosion-resistant.
- Outsourced our wiring harness to produce a professionally-engineered wiring harness ensuring consistency and future-proofing across builds.
- Trailers are now US Department of Transportation (USDOT) & National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM) certified.
- The engineering team extended many hours of manpower consistently to continue to refine the design to appeal to the fit and finish of our camping trailer:
- Modular shelving
- Vent in heated mudroom
- Engineered additional reinforcement to the rear hitch receiver
- Darache 180-degree awning
- Changed our inverter upgrade option to the brand Kisae. This inverter has a second control panel that you can plug into to get a read when changing settings making it more user-friendly.
- Introduced our Lifestyle Packages (add-ons that get your trailer fully stocked with the best camping gear and ready for adventure upon pickup).
- Camp Lounge - 3-piece set with a Dometic table, Kelty loveseat chair, and Dometic bench to complete your outdoor hangout area!
- Galley Package - 38-piece set to complete your outdoor kitchen including utensils, cups, bowls, a griddle, pots, pans, ad so much more.
- Bedding Set - 7-piece set stocks your bedding with sheets, pillows, and a Rumpl blanket. A complete set-up for your sleeping area.
- Sanitation Station - 3-piece set that solves the question of “where’s the bathroom”. It includes a luggableloo toilet, a privacy pop-up tent, and odor-controlled bags.
- Grey Water Jerry Can - a jerry can that can be used to catch the grey water from your sink to responsibility camp!
- Kelty Galley Enclosure - an enclosure that fits over the hatch to provide extra coverage when cooking in the galley.
- Rock Guards - an additional layer of protection on the front of your trailer.
Besides the extensive improvements that we've made to our product since it’s been in production to make it one of the best teardrop trailers on the market, we've also seen increases in pricing on many of our supplies & materials. While we always strive to keep our prices competitive, when our costs go up, our prices need to as well.
As of November 2022, the standard price for all TOPO2 Voyager trim level Teardrop trailers is now $43,990.
We’re excited to continue growing our business, improving our product, and developing relationships with all of you. Whether you own an Escapod, rent one from us in Utah, or are just admiring it from afar, we thank you for your continued support!
If you're ready to get started on your own adventure trailer build, head on over to our Order Now page. This is where you can customize your overlanding setup with other options like a full-size spare tire, rooftop tent, an ARB fridge/freezer, or a fully articulating hitch.